Here are the steps below on how to recreate these seashell flowers:
• cockle seashells halves
• strong adhesive glue
• very strong wire, such as a coat hanger
• vase or pot
• air hardening clay or floral foam base to hold wire stems
1. Clean the seashells thoroughly and allow to dry.
2. Paint the seashell halves as shown, and allow to dry.
3. Glue the seashells halves on top of one another, overlapping, as shown. Begin at the back and layer them up to the front. Use a strong glue for this.
4. Attach these blooms to very strong wire, such as a coat hanger. Or, they can be attached to wooden sticks. Use glue, or use a thinner wire to wrap around the bloom and then wrap around the stronger wire stem. Or, you can use floral tape to attach them.
5. Create a strong base in the vase by using a firm floral foam to stick the stems into, or use an air hardening clay inside the vase. Stick your wire stems in while it is soft and allow to air dry.
If you enjoyed this project, see my other works of art at my blog:
Editor’s Note: Be sure to also see Fun Elderly Activities.
More Shell Crafts
Here are three samples of beautiful shell crafts
Small colored shells
Board or strong cardboard
Picture 1. - This shell work is of a peacock and is made of small, glittering shells which are available in the market very cheaply. As you can see, I glued them on to a cardboard after first tracing the picture of the peacock on it.
Picture 2. - Picture of Lord Ganapathy.
Picture 3. – Butterfly
These two were made in the same way mentioned above.
Visit my blog to see more,
Editor’s Note: Be sure to also see Easy Craft Ideas.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Crafts.