Fun Life Lesson Quotes
You may be familiar with columnist Regina Brett’s 45 Life Lessons and 5 to Grow On – published in The Plain Dealer on Sunday, May 28, 2006.
Even if you have read them before, they are still so right-on I had to share them anyway. Plus, if you ever need an inspirational phrase to send to someone, for a greeting card, poster, or for a special project, keep these in mind. So here they are…
- Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
- It's OK to get angry with God -- He can take it.
- Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
- It's OK to let your children see you cry.
- Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If a relationship has to be secret, you shouldn't be in it.
- Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry -- God never blinks.
- Life is too short for pity parties. Get busy living -- or get busy dying.
- You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
- A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
- It's never too late to have a happy childhood -- but the second one is up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take "no" for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie -- don't save it for a special occasion. TODAY is special!
- Over-prepare -- then "go with the flow."
- Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
- The most important sex organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
- Always choose life.
- Forgive everyone everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything -- give time -- time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Believe in miracles.
- God loves you because of who God is -- not because of anything you did or didn't do.
- Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
- Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
- Your children get only one childhood -- make it memorable.
- Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
- Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
- Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- If you don't ask, you don't get.
- Life isn't tied with a bow -- but it's still a gift.
These are great to have on hand for inspirational quotes. And if you happen to need a little design idea as well, be sure to check out our new
Flower Templates and Patterns
page. All copyright-free. We’ll be adding more templates and designs in the future as well, with leaves, animals, birds, scenes, butterflies, etc. So check in often.
Visit our web site for lots more great articles for baby boomers and seniors at
The best to you,
The Elder-Boomer Buzz comes out during the first and third weeks of the month.